March Update

March Hours: 6 hours

Spring Cumulative: 10 hours


What's up blog!

March has been quite the month. We had a week off from school for Mardi Gras here in New Orleans, but instead of spending it here, I went out to Gatlinburg, Tennessee. As someone who has seen plenty of parades, I didn't mind sitting this one out. I've never been to Tennessee before, so I was super excited to go. I explored the Great Smoky Mountains and even saw an underground waterfall in a cave. This was exactly the relaxed vacation my brain needed from all the studying and learning. Nature is really the best getaway trip!

After the marvelous week off, it was time to get back to the school grind. We only had two modules left: neuro and psych. They were short modules which helped ease us back into it. Aside from that, I found the topics very interesting, so I enjoyed learning about the many pathophysiology and such. I can definitely say I'm more educated on those subjects and medications! I also wrapped up my presentations for the semester this month, with only one left for Advances. We had more presentations to do this time around, but I liked that each class asked for different criteria to be met so we could expand our horizons. I have gotten better at presenting now that I've practiced it more and this is great to prepare us for medical school. Next up, we have our NBME final exam for medical pharmacology. I would say it's the father of all tests, cumulating everything we have learned to one exam. We have time to study for it, so I am taking full advantage of it. 

Can't forget about the community service that has been done this month! During high school I donated some of my time at our local ASPCA during adoption fairs. I decided to reach out again with a friend to see what we could do to help. We were able to go and get the pups and cats ready for possible adoption. I always get attached to one, before I leave and this time was no different. This is also a good way to de-stress so it's a win for everyone. I also reached out to my local YMCA, where I used to work at and volunteered to help with a Kids Night Out event. They host them on the first and third Friday of every month. I got to reconnect with the kids and some of my old coworkers which was super nice. We do crafts, physical activities, games, and finally end the night with pizza and a movie. I always enjoy my time there!


Comments

Popular Posts