New Year, New Me??

     Ringing in a new year!! Had a good, well-needed break these past few weeks. Got to spend a lot of quality time with my family, I even took a trip to the windy city of Chicago. I have family there that I haven't seen since the pandemic started, so I gave myself a treat to travel this break. It was a nice change in temperature and scenery. I'm often reminded of how beautiful our world is when I get to visit other states. 

    Something common that people do this time of year are resolutions. Habits, mental health, physical well being, or something we want to change about ourselves. I'm more about changing things as I go throughout the year. Something I told myself I want to get better with during this program is find a good study method and how to better manage/maximize my time. I think thus far, I have done better with that. I'm still learning as I'm going, so I will continue this "resolution" as I move forward this year with the program.

    We started this new semester on Zoom. As COVID cases began rising, our professors and medical class thought it would be best to stay online. I have been enjoying these online classes, but I am ready to begin in person. I am more active in person, but while being online I have the comfort of my friend Cassie's home. Frank (her dog), is my new bestie. He has helped us get through the endocrine module and made classes a little more fun. Who doesn't want to see the world's cutest Aussie shepherd while learning about diabetes mellitus?

    This new module we are learning about is the reproductive system and I am very much looking forward to gaining new knowledge about it. I think it is a very interesting and important system because it's something taboo. When in all reality, we could all learn a little something about this. A good beginning to the month of January. 


Enjoy this picture of our good boy, Franklin Michael. 



Comments

Popular Posts