Mardi Pardi!

 February hours: 4 hours

Spring cumulative: 4 hours


Hey blog! 

Here in New Orleans, we're in the Mardi Gras season. Such a time to come visit and explore the culture rich city at its peak. Everyone loves to go see the parades, create some memories with friends, and have fun! We will have a week off from school, so I'm glad to be able to enjoy it with no worries. But before that, let's talk about the rest of this month.


We've finished both the reproductive and now neurology modules. They were short in comparison to previous modules, but I've really enjoyed them. They are such interesting systems in our body and I have learned so much from this. The exams haven't been bad and we're finally back in person! So I enjoy going in to to class to get the most out of my learning experience. Going to school forces me more to stay on top of things and keep my good work flow going. We also did a neuro SIM which was pretty cool to see. These are simulations of things that can happen in real life. They make you think on your feet more and help you visually put into practice everything that we are learning. I think it's a good change of learning style and I'm glad we're able to do these things. 

For community service hours this month, a friend and I went to our local library in Metairie and joined some kids during story time. This was once a week, for 4 weeks. I would go in for an hour during story time and read a few books to the kids. The librarian there was kind enough to let us participate. It's a nice break from my everyday schedule and I get to read books to these pretty cool kids. I recognize one of them from my old job at the YMCA, so it's nice to say that I can recognize some of them. I've always loved working with kids, it makes the job more enjoyable. 

This week off will be a well needed break.

Until next month blog!! 

Have a happy and safe Mardi Gras:)

Comments

Popular Posts